Bali Yoga Teacher Training Certification Courses | Bali YTT
Bali Yoga Retreats in Ubud
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Become a certified yoga teacher and learn a spiritual & holistic approach that will empower you to practice and teach yoga with complete confidence and remarkable skill.
Unwind with a 4 or 7 day yoga retreat and receive expert guidance in the sacred arts of asana, breathwork and meditation in an unforgettable tropical paradise.
Learn the noble art of silent meditation to clarify your life’s purpose, heal emotions, master your mind, develop inner peace and unlock your highest potential.
Our Yoga Retreats and Teacher Training in Bali
We offer authentic, intimate & affordable Bali yoga teacher training courses steeped in the classic yoga tradition. We also offer ongoing yoga retreats in Ubud for beginner & intermediate students who are looking to unwind on a Bali yoga holiday. As well, we offer Ubud meditation retreats that provide a rare opportunity to discover the deeper dimensions of yoga.
Online Yoga Trainings and Courses
Discover the future of online yoga training and self-growth with our new collection of illuminating online courses, audio recordings, and eBooks that will help you deepen your practice & understanding of the depths of yoga in the comfort of your own home.
Our Lineage & Yoga Teachers
Bridging the gap between the authentic and spiritually focused practice of classical yoga with the needs of the modern world, Lily Goncalves and Ramananda Mayi, the founders of the Blooming Lotus Yoga School, facilitate our yoga teacher training programs and silent meditation courses, as well as train assistant teachers to lead our Ubud yoga retreats.
Our Spectacular Location
With affordable prices, an intimate group experience, & luxurious accommodation nestled in a spectacular jungle and temple setting, we offer you a Bali yoga retreat experience in a slice of HEAVEN.
Giving Back To The Community
The aim of yoga is to return back to oneness and to dissolve the concept of self and other. Ultimately. the practice of yoga asana, meditation, and the devotional practices of prayer and offerings lead us to experience a love for all of creation.
We’re Featured On
What Students are Saying…
Frequently Asked Questions
How are the yoga teacher training courses and the yoga retreats different?
Our YTT program is 23-days long and designed for intermediate yoga practitioners with at least 2 years of practice that wish to start teaching yoga to others or deepen their own practice. Our daily sessions include yoga classes, asana breakdown workshops, lectures on the art of teaching, as well as yogic philosophy and homework assignments.
If you’re wanting to deepen your personal practice or want to share the gift of yoga through teaching, this yoga teacher training course offers one of the most holistic and spiritually focused trainings in the world, with a strong emphasis on self-growth and self-realization so you can awaken your highest potential & live your best life.
There are 2 yoga and meditation classes each day, and each class is approximately 2 hours long. Each class includes:
- Easy-to-understand instructions on yoga, meditation and technique
- 15-30 minutes of meditation (building progressively class by class)
- 90 minutes of Yoga Asana (poses)
In addition, during our yoga retreats, we also offer yin yoga classes, plus workshops that focus on philosophical and practical aspects of yoga such as lifestyle, how to practice meditation, and other yogic themes.
What makes the Blooming Lotus Yoga teacher training so unique?
Our yoga teacher training is a beautiful synthesis of the essence of Yoga, Tantra and Vedanta adapted for the modern world. It is a rare opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the essence of the yogic way of life—which abounds in truth, love and bliss. It is designed for both aspiring teachers and those that wish to deepen their practice by living Yoga to the fullest.
The content and focus of various yoga teacher training programs around the world can be quite dramatically different, and our particular 200-hour yoga teacher training course offers a mystical, yet modern approach, that is grounded and practical as it integrates the authentic and spiritual yoga of the Vedic tradition with the needs of the modern yogi.
If you’re wanting to deepen your personal practice or want to share the gift of yoga through teaching, this yoga teacher training course offers one of the most authentic and spiritually focused trainings in the world so you can awaken your highest potential & live your best life.
In the yoga teacher training, we have two main objectives:
- To provide you with a strong foundation in yoga asana so that you may teach yoga classes with confidence and skill. This comprises developing an in-depth knowledge of 60+ yoga asanas, as well as understanding how to intelligently and safely sequence postures while offering variations to meet the needs of people at different levels.
- To develop a personal spiritual practice that will allow you to directly experience the deeper dimensions of yoga that are beyond yoga asana. For this, we teach the theory and practical application of the four paths of yoga. We focus on developing a meditation practice that utilizes pranayama, mudras, self-inquiry, and mantra as aids to developing awareness, focus, and stilling the mind.
If you look at our testimonials, you can get a feel for the course content and what our students have experienced through the program. What we offer tends to be drastically different than the majority of yoga teacher training programs worldwide.
I’m a beginner, will I be able to participate in a yoga retreat?
We love beginners! All of our yoga retreat classes are specifically tailored to meet each person at their own personal level with an emphasis on awareness of the present moment, safety, a sequentially balanced class, and an opportunity for each person to witness where they are at mentally, emotionally, physically, and spiritually at each moment. We encourage our students to honor and respect their own bodies and intuition in order to determine what is best for them as each moment unfolds, engaging in the way that feels right for them.
Our sessions focus on love, compassion, fun, letting go and being as you are, as we align and open our body and energy fields to allow for the fullest growth and expansion into who we truly are. We definitely encourage intermediate practitioners to join us as we explore the depths of Yoga, however advanced students may find that the yoga asana component of the retreat is not challenging enough. As such, we recommend that advanced yoga asana students join us for our yoga teacher training courses or meditation retreats and learn the higher limbs of yoga.
Is this yoga teacher training Bali program (YTT) recognized by the Yoga Alliance?
Yes, we are a Yoga Alliance certified school. However, it is good to know that being a part of this organization is not a necessity to teach yoga.
The Yoga Alliance is an American company that simply acts as a registry for yoga schools and teachers. You can choose to register with them, or choose from any of the numerous other international registries – but this is not mandatory.
Once you receive a certificate from us, you can then submit it to Yoga Alliance and pay an annual fee to be on their registry. But make sure to check with the studios you want to teach in before you register with Yoga Alliance. Because, even though you are eligible to register with them after completing our course, your studio may only require the certificate you obtain from us.
Are there any pre-requisites required for a yoga teacher training (YTT)?
Below are our basic prerequisites for attending our 200-hour YTT program:
- A minimum of two years of dedicated yoga practice. Exceptions can be made if you have also received training in meditation and/or healing therapies in the past. Priority is given to students with a background in meditation and other spiritual practices.
- We have a minimum age of 21 years old, to make sure you have had enough time “to live your yoga”. Younger students are encouraged to wait and mature into their practice and range of life experiences before considering becoming a teacher.
- Courses are conducted in English, and therefore we ask that all students have a good grasp of the English language in order to understand, read, write, and communicate the course material.
Can I start teaching after I receive my yoga training certification?
Yes. You can start teaching yoga after the yoga teacher training (YTT) is complete. During the YTT course, you will learn all the essential skills needed to teach safe vinyasa, hatha, and yin-restorative classes to your own students.
What type of yoga classes do you offer during a retreat?
We offer Hatha-Vinyasa and Restorative-Yin style yoga classes.
Our main approach to yoga asana could be best described as Hatha-Flow or Vinyasa. Yoga asanas are sequenced in a graceful, flowing way in order to create a seamless movement pattern, that is synchronized with the breath, so that unbroken awareness in the present moment can be established.
Is there a restaurant? Where do we eat?
Yes, our Amrita restaurant serves organic and vegan cuisine made fresh with locally sourced ingredients. Amrita restaurant’s healthy menu serves food that is good for you, good for our planet and good for all of its creatures. Following the yogic principle of ahimsa (non-violence), Amrita’s healthy vegan menu contains no animal products. Our healthy menu is completely free of meat, dairy and eggs – an ideal yogic diet that supports your practices.
Do you have a spa for massage & healing treatments ?
Yes, there is an in-house healing spa overlooking the river and temple where various massages and healing treatments can be booked.
What areas in Bali do you provide services to?
We are conveniently located in Ubud and are just 1 hr. away from Bali’s international airport in Denpasar (airport code DPS). Our yoga teachers serve the following areas for classes at your home, hotel, resort, or villa:
Ubud, Denpasar, Uluwatu, Canggu, Sanur, Nusa Dua, Candi Dasa, Lovina, Gianyar, Singaraja, Karangasem, Batuan, Amed, Pemuteran, Kintamani, Amlapura, Tohapati, Mount Batur, Klungkung, Trunyan, Tegallalang, Mengwi, Besakih, Payangan, Semarapura, Bedugul, Kerobokan, Mambal, Sidemen, Nusa Lembongan, Nusa Ceningan, Padangbai, Pecatu, Nusa Penida, Ubung, Gitgit, Batubulan, Legian, Kedonganan, Munduk, Sukawati, Tampaksiring, Tuban, Tanah Lot, Tabanan, Tirta Gangga & Singapadu
In addition, we also serve:
Abian Tuwung 82122
Baler Bale Agung 82212
Banjar Anyar 82123
Banjar Bali 81113
Banjar Jawa 81113
Banjar Tegal 81117
Banjar Tengah 82213
Batu Agung 82218
Busung Biu 81154
Dajan Peken 82114
Dangin Puri 80232
Dangin Puri Kaja 80231
Dangin Puri Kangin 80233
Dangin Puri Kauh 80231
Dangin Puri Kelod 80234
Dauh Peken 82111
Dauh Puri 80111, 80113
Dauh Puri Kangin 80112
Dauh Puri Kauh 80113
Dauh Puri Kelod 80114
Delod Peken 82113
Gianyar 80511, 80551
Kampung Anyar 81115
Kampung Baru 81114
Kampung Bugis 81115
Kampung Kajanan 81114
Kampung Singaraja 81111
Karang Asem 80811
Kediri 82121, 82171
Kesiman Kertalangu 80237
Kesiman Petilan 80237
Loloan Barat 82215
Loloan Timur 82216
Nusa Penida 80771
Padang Kerta 80812
Padang Sambian Kaja 80117
Padangsambian Kelod 80117
Paket Agung 81118
Peguyangan Kaja 80115
Peguyangan Kangin 80115
Pemecutan Kaja 80118
Pemecutan Kelod 80119
Penatih Dangin Puri 80238
Sanur Kaja 80227
Sanur Kauh 80227
Semarapura Kaja 80712
Semarapura Kangin 80716
Semarapura Kauh 80713
Semarapura Kelod 80714
Semarapura Kelod Kangin 80715
Semarapura Tengah 80711
Sumerta Kaja 80236
Sumerta Kauh 80236
Sumerta Kelod 80235
Ubung Kaja 80116
People Also Ask…
How do I become a yoga instructor in Bali?
Becoming a yoga instructor in Bali requires a combination of expert yoga training, experience, and dedication. Here are some steps you can take to pursue your goal:
- Build a strong yoga foundation: Start by developing a regular yoga practice and deepening your understanding of various yoga poses, philosophy, breathing, and meditation techniques. Take classes, workshops, and retreats to enhance your knowledge and skills.
- Complete a yoga teacher training program: Look for reputable yoga teacher training programs in Bali or other locations. Choose a program that aligns with your values and approach to yoga, and which is holistic and authentic to the true tradition of yoga. Make sure to look at the lineage of the teachers and their essential approach to yoga so that they can offer authentic teachings and direct experience of the practice of yoga.
- Enroll in a yoga teacher training program in Bali: Once you’ve chosen a yoga school, apply for their yoga teacher training program. Ensure the program offers skilled and experienced teachers, has a holistic focus, and offers a deep, spiritual and transformative approach to yoga. Most YTT programs last for several weeks and provide immersive training in yoga asanas, pranayama, philosophy, teaching methodology, meditation, and yogic lifestyle.
- Obtain necessary certifications: Upon successful completion of your yoga teacher training program, you’ll receive a certificate that recognizes you as a qualified yoga instructor. Some schools provide Yoga Alliance certification, which can enhance your credibility and employability.
- Gain teaching experience: After obtaining your certification, gain teaching experience by offering classes to your friends and family, and at local studios, gyms, or community centers. This will help you refine your teaching style, connect with students, and help solidify your confidence while teaching in a comfortable and supportive environment.
- Consider specialization and continuing education: To stand out as a yoga instructor, you can choose to specialize in specific areas such as yoga nidra, meditation, prenatal yoga, or mindfulness practices. Continuously expand your knowledge through workshops, online training, self-study, meditation, and retreats.
- Embrace the Balinese culture: Bali has a rich spiritual and cultural heritage that greatly influences its yoga scene. Immerse yourself in the local culture, respect the traditions, and learn from the wisdom of the Balinese people.
Remember, becoming a yoga instructor requires ongoing dedication, personal growth, and a genuine passion for yoga. It’s essential to continuously deepen your practice, expand your awareness, and develop compassion and humility throughout your journey.
Can you work as yoga teacher in Bali?
If you are interested in pursuing a career as a yoga teacher in Bali, there are many opportunities available for individuals who are trained and certified in yoga instruction.
Bali is known for its vibrant yoga community and attracts yoga enthusiasts from around the world. To become a yoga instructor in Bali, you will need to have completed a yoga teacher training program and will also need to obtain the necessary government permits and visas to work in Bali, which may require assistance from a local legal professional. It is also important to note that the requirements for working as a yoga instructor in Bali may vary depending on your country of origin and your qualifications.
What is the best yoga teacher training course?
What constitutes the “best” course can vary depending on your personal preferences, intentions, and purpose for taking the teacher training. It is important to research and compare different yoga teacher training courses in Bali to determine which one aligns with your intentions and goals. When searching for the best course for you, you may want to consider the following:
- Approach and Focus of the YTT courses: Review the course content and approach to yoga to ensure it covers all the essential elements of yoga teacher training, including yoga asanas (postures), pranayama (breathing techniques), meditation, philosophy, subtle anatomy, teaching methodology, and practice teaching while maintaining the spiritual and holistic essence of yoga.
- Teachers and Lineage: Make sure the Bali yoga teachers have a background and lineage in yoga so that they can offer teachings from direct experience and from a history of yogic masters so that you can receive authentic teachings.
- Reviews and Testimonials: Look for reviews and testimonials from previous students who have completed the training. Their experiences can provide insights into the quality and impact of the course.
- Teaching Environment: Evaluate whether the teacher training course has prerequisites to understand whether you will be learning with beginners or those students already experienced in yoga. Yoga teacher trainings that have prerequisites will be able to take their students to a higher level and teach the deeper aspects of yoga rather than those trainings that must start at the very beginning for those new to yoga.
- Style and Essence: Most courses focus on the physical aspects of yoga and approach yoga as an exercise or physical workout. Determine whether you’d like to join a yoga teacher training that is more holistic, spiritual and transformative, or whether you’re taking the training solely for its physical benefits.
How long is yoga teacher training in Bali?
The duration of a yoga teacher training program in Bali can vary depending on the specific training course and the school or organization offering it.
A 200-hour yoga teacher training program is the minimum requirement for most comprehensive yoga course and is designed to provide a solid foundation in yoga philosophy, subtle anatomy, teaching methodology, and practical experience. This program usually spans over a period of three to four weeks, with intensive daily classes, practice sessions, and assignments.
It’s important to note that these are general guidelines, and the duration of a yoga teacher training program can vary among different schools and training providers. Therefore, it’s advisable to research and contact specific training programs or schools in Bali to get accurate information on their course duration and schedules.